Anita Wyzanski Robboy focuses her family law practice on all aspects of prenuptial agreements, separation, divorce, and post-divorce actions.
A well-respected leader in the legal industry, Anita was recognized as a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” from 2005-2007, and was named “Most Valuable Partner” by Senior Partners for Justice for her contributions as author and litigator. Senior Partners for Justice is a pro bono partnership with the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association, providing legal services to low-income families and individuals in Greater Boston.
In 2009, Anita received the “Gideon’s Trumpet Award” from the Volunteer Lawyers Project for her outstanding pro bono contributions and steadfast commitment to access to justice for all.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Tufts University, M. Ed.
- Swarthmore College, B.A.
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Supreme Court
- Boston Bar Association – Co-chair, Senior Lawyers Section
Family Law Section of the Boston, Massachusetts, and Women’s Bar Associations
- Senior Partners for Justice
- 2009: Recipient of Volunteer Lawyers Project,“Gideon’s Trumpet Award”
- 2005 – 2007: Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” in the areas of Family Law and Litigation
Anita spent two years as a Visiting Scholar at Cambridge University, Cambridge, England and is widely known for her professional writing, including her well-known book, Aftermarriage: The Myth of Divorce, Alpha Publication (2001). Anita’s other written contributions include:
- 2013: “Alimony Reform Act One Year Later: Early Lessons to be Learned,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- “Hot Tips about Social Security for Lawyers,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- “What Family Law Attorneys Need to Know About the Social Security Act,” Massachusetts Family Law Quarterly
- 1993: “Family Law Guidebook: A View from the Bench,” Butterworth Legal Publishers
- January 1991: “C.C. v. A. B. and Beyond,” with Judge Edward M. Ginsburg, Boston Bar Journal, Vol. 35, No. 1
- 1975: “A Black Conductor on the Underground Railroad,” published in The Many Voices of Boston: A Historical Anthology, 1630-1975, H.M. Jones Little Brown Co., Boston, pp 204-212
- 1973: “Lewis Hayden: From Fugitive Slave to Statesman,” New England Quarterly, 46: 591-613
- 2013: Presenter, Senior Partners for Justice: “Pearls and Pitfalls of the Alimony Reform Act”
- 2012: Presenter, Senior Partners for Justice: “Social Security and Family Law”
- 2008: Presenter, National Conferences for the Institute of Financial Analysts
Anita Wyzanski Robboy
There are no upcoming events at this time.