Ricardo M. Sousa’s practice focuses primarily in the areas of corporate and finance transactions, real estate law, and telecommunications law. His corporate transactional practice includes the representation of national, regional, and local companies in various business transactions including venture capital transactions on both the company side and investor side, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate financing transactions.
As Chair of Prince Lobel’s Telecommunications Practice Group, Rick also devotes a substantial portion of his practice to the representation of national telecommunications companies in the development of wireless networks. Over the past 15 years, Rick has represented various communications providers in connection with the permitting of hundreds of wireless installations. In addition, he has negotiated hundreds of antenna facility leases, tower leases, and switch facility leases. Rick has also represented telecommunications infrastructure companies and tower aggregators in various bulk sale transactions involving the purchase and sale of telecommunications facilities and revenue streams throughout the country.
Rick has substantial real estate experience, having represented both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing matters and commercial real estate acquisitions and sales, and having represented developers in connection with various commercial development projects.
Rick received his LL.M degree in International Banking and Finance from Boston University School of Law, his J.D. degree from The University of Connecticut School of Law, and his B.A. from Boston College. He is admitted in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Florida.
Rick is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish. He lives in Hingham with his wife Kim and their two children.
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M., (Banking and Financial Law), 1998
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Boston College, B.A., 1990
- Rhode Island
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- NAIOP, The Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Florida Bar Association
- New England Wireless Association
- The Esplanade Association
- 2013-present: Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” in the field of Business/Corporate Law
- June 2017: Panelist, “Small Cells: They Don’t Have to be Ugly,” AGL Media Group – Boston Summit
- May 2015: Panel Co-Chair, “Wireless Communication and Real Estate,” REBA Spring Conference 2015
- November 2013: Panelist, “Site Acquisition: Where Will All the Wireless Go?,” AGL Regional Conference Boston
- February 2013: MCLE Faculty/Panelist, “Advising on Mergers and Acquisitions,” MCLE
- May 2012: Moderator, “Panel: Finance–Vc-Angel-Grant Funding Strategies to Attract the Money You Need for Your Nanobusiness,” Destination Nano: Concept to Commercialization, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- July 2011: Moderator, “Zoning for In-Building Coverage – New Traps for the Unwary,” Prince Lobel Telecommunications Event
- May 2011: Moderator, “Building 4G Networks: A DAS Perspective,” Prince Lobel Seminar
- April 2011: Roundtable Leader, “Telecommunications and Condominiums: Opportunities and Risks?,”
REBA Condominium Law & Practice Committee Event
Ricardo M. Sousa