Robert M. Schlein concentrates his practice in commercial real estate leasing, financing, and development, as well as in environmental permitting and compliance matters. Rob brings more than 35 years of commercial real estate and environmental law experience to Prince Lobel and is chair of its Real Estate Practice Group.
Rob has extensive experience in the representation of anchor tenants, restaurants, and all types of shopping centers and smaller tenants, and in the representation of tenants and landlords of both office and industrial properties. He regularly represents borrowers in loan transactions with banks, insurance companies, and conduit lenders, as well as buyers and sellers of commercial real estate. He also works on issues relating to condominiums, land titles, and mortgage foreclosures.
In the area of environmental law, Rob represents landowners and lenders in matters relating to hazardous waste permitting, remedial action, and wastewater treatment.
Rob regularly presents seminars and workshops at the annual U.S. Law Conference of the International Council of Shopping Centers and for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1981
- Harvard University, A.B., 1977
- The Abstract Club
- Board of Directors, Beverly Children’s Learning Centers, Inc
- Board of Managers, Old South Association(Old South Meeting House)
- Boston Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- NAIOP, The Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Lecturer in Law, Boston University Law School
- 2018: Author, “Chapter 10: Commercial Real Estate Agreements – Preliminary Acquisition Documents,” Drafting and Negotiating Massachusetts Contracts, 3rd Edition, MCLE publication
- 2015: Preliminary Acquisition Documents-Brokers’ Agreements and Offers to Purchase: Drafting Commercial Real Estate Documents in Massachusetts (Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., Second Edition).
- 2006: Subleasing a Portion of the Premises: The Sublease and Assignment Desk Book, (ABA Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law).
Robert M. Schlein