COMMITTED TO YOUR WIDE-RANGING INSURANCE AND REINSURANCE NEEDS
Our Insurance and Reinsurance Practice Group attorneys have deep experience successfully resolving the complex contractual, claim, and regulatory challenges that impact the evolving insurance and reinsurance industry. We represent specialty insurers, captive insurers, risk retention groups, self-insureds, reinsurers, and other insurance and reinsurance market participants in routine and complex issues, including coverage analysis, regulatory compliance, litigation, arbitration, appeals, and policy drafting.
RECENT POLICY AND REINSURANCE ANALYSIS AND DRAFTING PROJECTS
- Drafted ACO Managed Care Errors & Omissions and ACO E&O Policies wording and overview memorandum;
- Proposed structural and drafting changes to Captive Insurer’s Reinsurance Program;
- Assessed GL Policy products liability, completed operations, and cyber liability coverage for multi-line captive Risk Retention Group Underwriting Committee;
- Assessed Terrorism Coverage for multi-line captive Risk Retention Group insurer
- Assessed new media liability tech E&O Policy for midmarket commercial insurer
- Proposed revisions to new modular data-breach, media liability, tech E&O product for Managing General Underwriter
Data Privacy and Security
Insurance and Reinsurance
Art and Museum Law
Insurance and Reinsurance
William F. Burke
Adam R. Doherty
Thomas M. Elcock
Mitchell S. King
Jeffrey T. Rotella
Joseph S. Sano
- Coverage for declaratory judgment expenses under facultative certificates
- Represent major U.S. insurer in connection with business written on its behalf by an MGA and its rights under associated reinsurance programs, and arbitrated disputes in connection with such programs
- Classification of facultative business and breadth of duty of utmost good faith
- Coverage disputes, collections and arbitrations for large U.S. cedent regarding coverage for toxic tort, environmental and breast implant claims
- Represent errors and omissions insurers of prominent ratings agencies sued in the aftermath of the 2007 financial crisis
- Represent CGL insurers and reinsurers in environmental and asbestos coverage cases and reinsurance disputes
- Represent Media and Specialty Liability insurer in claims against major league sports entities regarding alleged misappropriation of professional sports figures’ images, copyright infringement and trademark infringement
- Represent Captive Insurer in claims involving electronically stored information (ESI)
Representative Publications and Seminars
- Demonstrating Captive Value to Key Stakeholders: Importance of Policy Language – Vermont Captive Insurance Association Summer 2015;
- Allianz’s Risk Barometer On Business Risks 2014: A Good Starting Point For Risk Managers and Insurers.
- Risk Management and the Role of Insurance in Nanotechnology Development presented at 2014 Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization Conference at Northeastern University.
- Seminar: ACO for Post-Acute Care Providers and Community Health Centers.
- The Future Is Now: Reinsurance in the Age of Superstorms, Cyber Loss and Other Emerging Risks –Massachusetts Reinsurance Bar Association Symposium
- Webinar: The ABCs of Health Care Reform: What You and Your Company Need to Know
Our clients include P&C, Life, Health and Accident, and specialty insurers, captive insurers, risk retention groups, self-insureds, reinsurers, and other insurance and reinsurance market participants. With our collective experience of more than a half century, there are few issues involving the insurance and reinsurance industry that our group is not well positioned to handle on our clients’ behalf.