As the year draws to a close, we wanted to thank you, our clients, friends, and business partners, for helping to make 2012 such a successful year for us. Because we understand that you have a choice about your law firm, we wanted to share a few of the reasons why Prince Lobel is proud to be celebrating its 25th year of providing legal and business services, and why, we hope, you are proud to be doing business with Prince Lobel.
Over the past 25 years, we have seen Boston change into a diverse, vibrant community that is a magnet for inventiveness and innovation. In an effort to maintain a workplace that reflects this community, founding partner Walter Prince is leading the charge to renew the firm’s commitment to diversity. Through our recruitment policies and selection of business partners, our goal is to build and support our local community by hiring diverse attorneys and staff, identifying women and minority-owned businesses to partner with, and working with those organizations that, in turn, support our local communities.
Prince Lobel also continues to support a wide spectrum of charitable organizations, both firmwide and at grassroots levels. During the past year, we have provided more than $250,000 in pro bono legal services to a variety of community organizations. We have also served lunch to poor and homeless women, provided summer jobs to Boston public school students, supported programs to bring the performing arts to Boston, helped to sustain programs for Boston’s at-risk youth, and worked with organizations that assist the most vulnerable members of our society in areas such as health care, homelessness, and domestic abuse. We are committed to playing a leadership role in making Boston a better city.
Professionally, firm attorneys continue to receive peer and industry recognition for their many contributions to the field of law, as well as their knowledge and expertise in their respective practice areas.
- In the third annual US News and Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" survey, the firm’s Media Law Practice Group retained its national Tier 1 ranking, in recognition of their significant talent and expertise.
- Eighteen firm attorneys were named Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Eight firm attorneys were recognized in Best Lawyers in America.
- Seven firm attorneys were named New England’s Best Lawyers.
- Firm partner Joseph D. Steinfield was recently named Chairman of the Massachusetts Commission on Judicial Conduct, and was also appointed to the National Democratic Platform Committee.
- Employment law senior associate Joseph L. Edwards, Jr. was appointed by Governor Deval Patrick to the Advisory Board of the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Estate Planning partner Patricia M. Annino received the "Best in Wealth Management" award from Euromoney Legal Media Group. Patricia also continues to be recognized as one of the top 50 female lawyers in Massachusetts.
- Domestic Relations partner Donald G. Tye was selected to participate in Governor Deval Patrick’s Working Group on Child-Centered Family Laws.
From our newest associates to our most seasoned partners, Prince Lobel attorneys are proving their thought leadership by educating themselves to become the go-to experts in everything from nanotechnology law to alimony reform to solar energy. Our lawyers provide expertise as featured speakers, panelists, and moderators; participate as faculty in continuing legal education courses; and offer their knowledge as adjunct professors at some of the area’s best law schools.
Boston has an abundance of talented lawyers and great law firms. What sets Prince Lobel apart is a core vision held by everyone in our firm. In business, it’s our commitment to deliver excellence and value to our clients and business partners. In our community, it’s a sense of responsibility about being a generous corporate citizen and doing our part to make Boston a better place in which to live and work.
During this time of reflection and anticipation, we look forward to 2013. We are enthusiastic about our business prospects and we are committed to continuing to expand our role as a leading community citizen.
Thank you for your friendship, trust, and confidence in Prince Lobel. May you and yours have a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2013.