We are looking for a conscientious document management and file clerk to ensure our firm’s records are correctly sequenced and filed, and to capture tracking information in electronic databases. To ensure success you should have a proficient understanding of the importance of accurate filing and document management procedures for the firm. Preferred candidates are focused, organized and thorough. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be an active participant in the firm and work closely with attorneys, paralegals, and administrators. You will report to the Director of Human Resources and the Practice Group Chairs.
- Uploads digital files and data
- Organizes and archives records and documents
- Makes copies of paperwork and distribute as necessary
- Retrieves data and files for practice groups and personnel
- Uses alphabetical and numerical systems to organize paper and electronic records
- Checks paperwork, digital forms and files and correcting documentation as needed
- Updates filing systems and devising new filing, organizational and storage systems for data and documents as needed
- Creates new files and provides needed information on forms and reports
- Scans paper documents and verifies that scanned documents are clear and legible
- Discards documents when required in accordance with official procedures and document retention policies
- Operates office equipment
- Types and performs data entry
- Follows instructions and responds to management directions
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidentiality
- Problem solving skills.
- Adept typing, word processing and data-entry skills
- Clear handwriting
- Ability to read and understand a wide range of materials.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic office and administrative software such as Microsoft Office
- Experience working in an office setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the initial functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, sit and use their hands. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Please send any inquiries to Kim Sousa (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of HR.