Full Job Description:
At Prince Lobel, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development.
As the Marketing & Business Development (MBD) Manager, you will work closely with the firm’s lawyers and practice group chairs, together with the firm’s Marketing & Business Development Committee and firm management to provide marketing and business development support to a medium size full-service law firm with offices in Boston, Massachusetts and Purchase, New York. You will report to the Director of Human Resources and to the firm’s Marketing & Business Development Committee. Your responsibilities will include developing and supporting attorney business plans, coaching attorneys on marketing & business development strategies, as well as an active role in the execution and follow-up of such plans and strategies, supporting pitch and marketing efforts, maintaining the firm’s web-site content and social media platforms, and coordinating firm events inside and outside of the office, and conducting local outreach to enhance the firm’s profile. You will work with the firm’s Marketing & Business Development Committee and the firm’s operations team members to support the firm’s practice groups and lawyers.
On any given day, you will:
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives with the firm’s Marketing & Business Development Committee, firm practice group leadership and other legal professionals.
- Conduct business development market analysis, industry and competitive intelligence reports for business development.
- Work with partners and professionals to create, prepare and deliver proposals (RFP and RFQ responses), pitches and presentations for new business, and coaching attorneys on strategy and follow-up as well as pitch meeting prep and related activities.
- Work with attorneys to identify, develop, prepare and support marketing initiatives for speaking engagements, thought leadership and other events.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of strategic sponsorships, conferences, and memberships of organizations.
- Manage the firm’s Web site to update the same with fresh content;
- Manage the firm’s social media platforms and content;
- Coordinate the issuance of alerts issued by the firm’s lawyers and practice groups
- Assist with the onboarding of new laterals to best position them to be successful.
- Drive coordination, support and planning of events, seminars, sponsorships, and other events pursued by the firm.
- Assist in the management and collection of client contact information, tracking business development activity and success rates, and manage the firm’s CRM database.
- Assist with the training and growth of junior team member(s).
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position within a law firm environment.
- An understanding of the legal industry—market opportunities, competition, service offerings and competitive advantages—particularly in the Boston and New York markets
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and well as the ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complicated subject matter clearly; persuasive presentation skills; a talent for listening actively and well.
- Able to work with higher levels of management in the Firm and work well as part of a team.
- A hands-on with a proven “make it happen” mindset; demonstrated resourcefulness and self-directed behavior.
- Commitment to building relationships within the business community
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook – knowledge of Interaction, iManage, Qorus Breeze, Foundation, WordPress, Vista Point and Canva a plus.
What We Provide:
Prince Lobel provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. We are Mansfield certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
More About Prince Lobel:
With more than 100 lawyers, Prince Lobel provides a full range of legal services including, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about Prince Lobel at www.princelobel.com
Prince Lobel is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Prince Lobel is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401(k).
This position is based in Boston, MA 02210
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Please send any inquiries to Kim Sousa (email@example.com), Director of HR.