This EBC Energy Resources Program will present emerging perspectives in the future of energy storage in Massachusetts from a variety of viewpoints including; a state agency representative, an energy developer, an academic researcher, and a utility provider.
First, DOER will provide updates relating to energy storage initiatives in their Emerging Technologies Division, as well as, provide an overview of the updated Clean Peak Standard Regulations. A representative from Solect Energy will provide a developer’s perspective relating to how they incorporate energy storage into their renewable energy projects. A representative from UMass-Lowell will discuss their recently completed report summarizing the results of their research on “The State of Grid Energy Storage in Massachusetts”, which examines the current state of utility-scale energy storage in the Commonwealth. Finally, a representative from National Grid will showcase their recently constructed Nantucket Battery Storage Project to provide an example of how energy storage may be used in the evolving electric transmission delivery system.
- Marc Bergeron, PWS, CWS, Chair, EBC Energy Resources Committee; Associate, Epsilon Associates, Inc.
- Adam Braillard, Partner, Prince Lobel Tye, LLP
- Maria Fonseca-Guzman, Undergraduate Student, Chemical Engineering, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Gideon Katsh, Manager, Asset Development, National Grid
- Amy McGuire, Deputy Director, Emerging Technology, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
- Matt Shortsleeve, Vice President, Development, Solect Energy