Our domestic relations attorney Donald G. Tye will chair the plenary program, entitled “The Preferences and Voices of Children – How Do You Protect the Child?, at the ABA Section of Family Law’s 2015 Fall CLE Conference in Portland, Oregon.
This presentation addresses the difficult issues inherent in dealing with children in domestic relations cases.The panelists will educate participants in the following key areas:
- Navigating child advocacy and representation.
- How the psychologist elicits and interprets the child’s voice and preferences.
- The judge’s perspectives, and, how the judge approaches, and conducts, a child interview.
- The issue of parental alienation.
- Legal and ethical challenges practitioners face, in family law cases, with issues of child custody.
Click here to view more details.