Prince Lobel was the organizing partner, and Joe Steinfield the originator and co-chair of the international conference “The War on Words – Terrorism, Media and the Law.” The conference was being organized by the International Press Institute (IPI), and the Salzburg-based Center for International Legal Studies (CILS).
The two-day program included:
- September 11, Combating Terrorism, and the Erosion of Civil Liberties
- Tortured Logic – What Words to Use in Reporting Terror?
- The Watchdog Role of the Media in the Fight Against Terrorism
- Shouting Fire in a Crowded Theater: Incitement, Freedom of Expression and Religious Tolerance – Moderator: Joe Steinfield
- The Vienna Declaration on Terrorism, Media and the Law
Joe Steinfield at conference