- This event has passed.
Michael G. Xavier on MCLE Faculty: Modification & Contempt Proceedings
September 13, 2011
Given the current economic downturn, as well as the anticipated changes under alimony reform, more and more litigants are filing a complaint for contempt seeking compliance of an outstanding judgment or order, or filing a complaint for modification seeking relief from an existing judgment.
At this program, attendees will discuss such issues as:
- Do I pay alimony for life?
- What is the impact of alimony reform on my current obligation?
- What if I retire?
- My assets are depleted—How does this affect my obligation?
- The judgment requires that I sell the marital home, but must I, given the current market?
- Can I counterclaim a contempt with a modification seeking a reduction in my support obligation retroactively?
This program will provide solutions and/or answers to your clients’ dilemmas, as well as insight so the situations never arise in the future.
MCLE Conference Center
Ten Winter Place
Click here for more information.