Given the current economic downturn, as well as the changes under alimony reform, more and more litigants are filing a complaint for contempt seeking compliance of an outstanding judgment or order, or filing a complaint for modification seeking relief from an existing judgment.
At this program, attendees will discuss such issues as:
- Do I pay alimony for life?
- What is the impact of alimony reform on my current obligation?
- What if I retire?
- My assets are depleted—How does this affect my obligation?
- The judgment requires that I sell the marital home, but must I, given the current market?
- What constitutes a material change of circumstance?
- Discovery in modifications and contempts
This program will provide solutions and/or answers to your clients’ dilemmas, as well as insight so the situations never arise in the future.
For the second consecutive year, Michael Xavier has been selected to join the faculty of this Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education program.
Click here for more information.