There are no upcoming events at this time.
TURNING YOUR IDEAS INTO YOUR FUTURE
Prince Lobel’s Start-ups and Emerging Business Practice Group provides innovative, practical counsel to help your business move from the idea phase to an LLC. With industry-leading expertise across all business sectors, we help structure your business, locate investors, secure financing, create vendor and employee contracts, and protect your intellectual property. If your business is already off the ground, we can help you mitigate risk and overcome business roadblocks, as well as assist with exit transactions.
WE COUNSEL START-UPS AND EARLY STAGE BUSINESSES IN VAST AREAS, INCLUDING:
Entity Formation Advice and Business Structuring
- Choice of entity/Entity formation/ Employer Identification Number;
- Governing agreements (e.g. shareholder agreements or operating agreements);
- Qualification to do business in other states; and
- Tax issues.
- Non-disclosure agreements;
- Leases; and
- Product development agreements.
- Employment contract development and negotiation;
- Employee compensation plans;
- Stock option plans; and
- Confidentiality, non-competition, nonsolicitation, and IP ownership/protection agreements.
- Equity financing;
- Friends and family/Crowdfunding/Angel/Venture Capital funding;
- Private placements memorandum/subscription documents; and
- Bank and other lender financing.
Intellectual Property & Proprietary Rights
- Copyright and trademark registration and protection;
- Intellectual Property and software licensing agreements;
- Intellectual Property infringement enforcement/litigation;
- Trade secret protection;
- Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Asset/stock purchase agreements; and
- Exit strategy considerations.
In addition to supporting start-up and early-stage businesses, Prince Lobel actively fosters entrepreneurship by sponsoring events such as Start-Up Weekend on Cape Cod and Destination Nano at UMass Lowell. Additionally, we offer presentations on start-up related issues and topics at the Cambridge Innovation Center and at Mass Challenge’s collaboration with INNpulsa and the government of Colombia.
Robert C. Barber
Serge O. Béchade
Robert A. Bertsche
Thomas J. Bordner
John F. Bradley II
Tyrus S. Cartwright
Brandon J. Cuffy
Steven H. Gans
Robert R. Gilman
Robert P. Maloney
William S. Rogers Jr.
Ricardo M. Sousa
Kathryn D. Stone
Joseph P. Messina