In this section:
The Prince Lobel Restaurant and Hospitality Group advises clients in all aspects of the restaurant, entertainment, lodging, and alcoholic beverage industry. Developing a successful business plan requires a sophisticated team with a deep breadth of experience. We offer counsel on corporate formation; governance; operating agreements; leasing; purchase and sale agreements; securing necessary zoning and municipal, state, and federal licensure; as well as representation before local and state regulatory agencies and related litigation.
Our attorneys provide unparalleled experience across the industry with insight into the needs and challenges unique to restaurant and hospitality industries. We have successfully represented clients in zoning, licensing, entertainment, and compliance matters in municipalities across the Commonwealth as well as before the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission.
Our clients include independent, locally-owned and multi-location restaurants, hotels, breweries, importers, package stores and other licenses premises. We have also developed an extensive network of relationships with other professionals within the hospitality industry including architects, insurance providers, and real estate and liquor license brokers.
Prince Lobel provides the legal support necessary to succeed in not just the establishment and launch of a business in the hospitality industry but the continued success through all stages of operations. Our experience includes the following areas regarding the hospitality and restaurant industry:
- Alcoholic beverage license procurement including restaurant, breweries, hotels, and package stores
- Government relations and community outreach
- Acquisition of existing businesses
- Municipal zoning and land use
- Entertainment licensing
- Commercial leasing
- Compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Representation regarding alleged disciplinary matters at the municipal and state level
- Corporate formation and governance including acquisitions, operating agreements, and purchase and sale agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Insurance claims
- Employment matters
- Succession planning
- Tax issues