Adam R. Doherty is a trial lawyer who focuses his practice in complex commercial litigation and insurance and reinsurance coverage litigation and arbitration. He has extensive experience counseling clients in the areas of reinsurance and insurance coverage, including property and casualty, media liability, disability, accident and health, and environmental and toxic tort claims.
Adam also has a broad range of experience in business litigation, including claims involving contract law, unfair and deceptive trade practice statutes, and class actions. Adam often appears in state and federal courts throughout the Commonwealth and has tried cases throughout Massachusetts.
Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Adam served as a law clerk in the coverage group of a major property and casualty insurer. He graduated magna cum laude from New England School of Law where he received a full merit scholarship, was recognized as a New England Scholar, and served as an editor of the New England Law Review.
- New England School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
- Bridgewater State College, B.S., magna cum laude, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Reinsurance Bar Association
- 2016 ― present: Named a Rising Star by Massachusetts “Super Lawyers”
- May 2018: Speaker, “Getting Into (and Staying In) Federal Court: Tips for Pleading and Proving Federal Subject Matter Jurisdiction,” Boston Bar Association Senior Associates Forum