Jill M. Schafer is an experienced attorney who has been practicing in Massachusetts for over 20 years. She focuses her practice on cannabis law and also assists her clients with commercial real estate matters.
Jill has extensive knowledge of marijuana laws in Massachusetts gleaned from years spent advising Massachusetts medical cannabis operators and she continues to assist clients in all cannabis-related matters, including consulting on medical and adult-use marijuana licensure; navigating municipal zoning and permitting procedures; helping clients achieve and maintain regulatory compliance; and drafting corporate, employment, and real estate agreements.
In addition to her experience in cannabis matters, Jill is also a practiced real estate attorney. She has worked with municipalities and private clients on cases involving public construction and public works; municipal building projects; planning, zoning, and permitting; land use; environmental issues; and housing appeals matters. She also has experience as a civil litigator and has represented clients in business and corporate litigation matters, real property interests and disputes, liability issues, and employment disputes and contracts.
Jill is a member of the Zoning Board of Appeals in the Town of Hudson and serves on the Town’s Zoning Bylaw Reform Committee. Jill is also on the Board of Trustees of the Advanced Math and Science Academy (AMSA) Charter School in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
In addition to a J.D. from Suffolk University School of Law and a B.A. from the University of New Hampshire, Jill also holds an M.B.A. in Business Administration from Suffolk University’s Sawyer School of Management.
- Suffolk University School of Management, M.B.A., 2003
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- University of New Hampshire, B.A., cum laude, 1990
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Supreme Court
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Advanced Math and Science Academy (AMSA) Charter School, Board of Trustees
- Hudson Zoning Board of Appeals, Member
- Zoning Bylaw Reform Committee, Member
Jill M. Schafer