Michael A. Kippins is an associate in the Litigation Practice Group. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including disputes with regard to business contracts, employment, personal injury, insurance, tax assessments, zoning, and real estate. Michael has also worked on numerous criminal matters, including disputes with regard to search and seizure procedures, Miranda rights, the right to legal counsel, ineffective assistance of counsel, and sentencing enhancement.
Michael has extensive experience analyzing the merits of both civil and criminal appeals, having served as a judicial clerk to Justice Margot Botsford of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Justice R. Malcolm Graham of the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
During law school, Michael was a law clerk at State Street Bank and two Boston-area law firms, as well as a judicial intern for U.S. Magistrate Judge Jennifer C. Boal. Prior to law school, Michael attended Cornell University, where he earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and was a member and Captain of the Varsity Men’s Track & Field Team.
- Northeastern University, J.D., 2013
- Cornell University, B.A., 2010
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association, Public Interest Leadership Program (2017-2018)
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association: Member, Board of Directors (2018-2019); Chair, Scholarship Committee; Co-Chair, Student Support Committee
- Flora E. Kippins Foundation
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston, Friends Council Leadership Committee
- 2017: Named a Rising Star by Massachusetts “Super Lawyers”
- Selected to the Boston Bar Association’s 2017-2018 Public Interest Leadership (“PILP”) class, which promotes civic engagement and public service by advancing the leadership role of lawyers of service to their community
- July 2018: Panelist, “All About Clerkships: Current and Former Federal and State Court Clerks Offer Their Advice to Law Students and Recent Graduates,” BBA panel
Michael A. Kippins
- Michael Kippins Elected to the Board of the Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Prince Lobel Attorneys Participate in 19th Annual Walk to the Hill for Civil Legal Aid
- Twenty-Eight Prince Lobel Attorneys Included in 2017 Massachusetts "Super Lawyers" and "Rising Stars" Lists
There are no upcoming events at this time.