Michael A. Kippins is a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group and its Employment Law Group. His practice focuses on commercial and employment litigation and counseling, including disputes with regard to business contracts, real estate, and personal injury claims, as well as defense of discrimination and harassment cases and non-compete and trade secret matters.
Michael also has extensive experience with appellate litigation, having served as a judicial clerk to Justice Margot Botsford of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Justice R. Malcolm Graham of the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
During law school, Michael was a law clerk at State Street Bank and two Boston-area law firms, as well as a judicial intern for U.S. Magistrate Judge Jennifer C. Boal. Prior to receiving his J.D. degree from Northeastern University School of Law, Michael attended Cornell University, where he earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and was a member and Captain of the Varsity Men’s Track & Field Team.
- Northeastern University, J.D., 2013
- Cornell University, B.A., 2010
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association: Business and Commercial Litigation Steering Committee (2018-2019); Public Interest Leadership Program (2017-2018)
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association: Member, Board of Directors (2018-2019); Chair, Scholarship Committee; Co-Chair, Student Support Committee
- Flora E. Kippins Foundation
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston, Friends Council Leadership Committee
- 2017-present: Named a Rising Star by Massachusetts “Super Lawyers”
- Selected to the Boston Bar Association’s 2017-2018 Public Interest Leadership (“PILP”) class, which promotes civic engagement and public service by advancing the leadership role of lawyers of service to their community
- July 2018: Panelist, “All About Clerkships: Current and Former Federal and State Court Clerks Offer Their Advice to Law Students and Recent Graduates,” BBA panel
Michael A. Kippins
There are no upcoming events at this time.