Michael Thompson is a business litigator who represents clients in a broad array of industries including technology and biotechnology, healthcare, and insurance. He is experienced in diverse commercial litigation and appellate matters, including litigating and advising clients concerning complex business disputes; purchase price adjustment, indemnity, and other post-transaction disputes; start-up and early- stage companies legal matters; business torts; and insurance and reinsurance litigation matters.
Before joining Prince Lobel, Michael was an associate and senior counsel at Foley & Lardner LLP in Boston. He is a graduate of Harvard College (cum laude) and Harvard Law School. While at Harvard, Michael was a student attorney and secretary-treasurer for the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, representing clients in eviction cases and administrative hearings. In previous positions, he worked for then-Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, at Stonebridge International in Washington, D.C., at the Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C., and as a summer associate at Washington, D.C. and Boston law firms.
Michael was selected for inclusion in the 2010 – 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers-Rising Stars® editions for his general litigation work. In 2016, he was selected for inclusion in The National Black Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40.”
Michael is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fourth, and Federal Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Michael is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association. He also serves as co-chair of the Boston Programming Board for StartOut, a national organization dedicated to connecting and educating LGBTQ entrepreneurs to empower great leaders and businesses.
Harvard Law School, J.D., 2008
Harvard College, B.A., cum laude, 2005
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Supreme Court
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- The National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- National Merit Scholar
- Bill Gates Millennium Scholar Program
- American Bar Association Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund
- Michael serves as a mentor in the Boston Lawyers Group law student mentoring program.