Richard D. Wayne represents employers primarily in matters involving employment policies and practices, occupational safety and health, labor relations, wage and hour issues (including prevailing wage), and employment discrimination. Richard has litigated cases before a wide variety of administrative agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board, the United States Department of Labor, Fair Employment Practices agencies, and the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
Richard has also appeared in federal and state courts in conflicts relating to wrongful termination, discrimination, and workplace harassment, independent contractor issues, ERISA, FMLA, unfair business practices and noncompetition agreements, and labor disputes.
In addition, Richard has extensive experience counseling clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including construction, manufacturing, warehousing, food distribution, and health care. Richard advises clients on new employment laws and trends and on hiring, employee leave, and discipline. He also assists clients with maintaining non-union status and defending unfair labor practices, as well as with representation elections, collective bargaining, grievance handling, and labor arbitrations.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Boston University, B.S., 1974
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Labor Law Subcommittee, Occupational Safety & Health Subcommittee, and Construction Law Forum
- Associated General Contractors, Safety Committee, Labor and Employment Law Council, Fiscal Affairs Committee
- Boston Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Subcommittee
- Massachusetts Attorney General’s Advisory Committee on the Prevailing Wage, Committee on Employee Health and Safety
- Massachusetts Extended Care Federation Personnel Council
- Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Utility Contractors Association of New England, Inc., Government Relations Committee, Safety Committee
- 1991-1996: Labor and Employment Law Curriculum Advisory Committee
- 1991-1993: Massachusetts Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Subcommittee, Employee Health and Safety Subcommittee, Chairman
- 1989-1991: Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., Member
- 1995-1998: Massachusetts Safety Council, Inc., Board of Directors
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Peer Review Rated
- 2007: Utility Contractor Association of New England, Inc.’s, Outstanding Members Award; 1993: Special Industry Contributions Award
- April 2018: “Labor Issues: Pregnant Workers Fairness Act – Effective April 1, 2018,” Construction Outlook
- September 2017: “MA SJC Offers Conditional Anti-Discrimination Protection to Medical Marijuana Users,” Construction Outlook
- June 2017: “Legislature to Debate Significant New Employment Laws,” Construction Outlook
Richard D. Wayne
- Prince Lobel Employment Law Team Presents on Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave law to Utility Contractors’ Association of New England
- Richard Wayne Authors an Article on the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act for Construction Outlook
- Employment Law Legislative Update: Pregnancy Protection and Paid Family Leave Agenda on Beacon Hill
There are no upcoming events at this time.