There are no upcoming events at this time.
DEVELOPING AND PROTECTING YOUR TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS
Our acclaimed Telecommunications Practice Group represents a broad range of clients within the Telecommunications industry. We represent both wired and wireless carriers develop and protect their communications networks by providing turnkey development services throughout New England. With an eye towards efficiency, our attorneys counsel wireless carriers in formulating national, regional, state, and local strategies for their network development projects, from site acquisition, leasing, and permitting to managing post on-air site issues. Our attorneys also have the extensive experience representing a broad range of wireless infrastructure companies, from multi-national public companies to family-owned tower developers, in developing telecommunications towers throughout the U.S. By leveraging the combined resources of Prince Lobel’s communications, real estate, corporate, tax and litigation groups, our lawyers are able to meet the increasingly sophisticated business needs of communications companies, ranging from entity structuring and financing of new telecommunications ventures to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, tax free exchanges and portfolio sales and purchases.
Our telecommunications clients include FCC licensed wireless carriers, ILECs, CLECs, fiber providers, DAS Infrastructure providers, equipment manufacturers, on-line telecommunications service providers, and cable companies. We have negotiated thousands of leases and license agreements for our wireless clients and have obtained municipal permits for hundreds of difficult wireless (macro, small call and DAS) sites in many states, including, but not limited to, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, and New Hampshire.
While we excel at achieving results by working cooperatively with municipal officials, Prince Lobel attorneys have also been at the forefront of litigation arising from the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (Telecom Act). The unique issues presented for communications companies seeking to build their networks in increasingly complex regulatory and business environments often require our communications clients to take active steps in the Courts to protect their interests. We understand the need to achieve speed to market, and as such, we have compiled an experienced team and have a track record of success in Federal Court to achieve that result for our client.
WIRELESS NETWORK DEVELOPMENT
Since 1996, the attorneys in our telecommunication Practice Group have advised clients on all aspects of site development, from preliminary site identification, site acquisition, leasing, permitting, and construction.
We provide counsel to wireless telecommunications clients on a full range of legal needs, including:
- Specialized network development, including zoning, permitting, and permitting appeals;
- Leasing and licensing
- Regulatory and Administrative matters
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Equity formation Joint Ventures Tower Portfolio Sales and Purchases
Our Telecommunications Practice Group works closely with clients to develop a zoning strategy and aggressively pursue the necessary permits or zoning changes required for a new telecommunications site or network. When necessary, our lawyers counsel our clients on numerous appeals by municipalities to protect their rights under the Telecom Act in Federal Court. In state and federal courts, we have successfully represented wireless carriers in challenges to adverse permitting decisions of over 100 municipalities under the Telecom Act.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS M&A EXPERIENCE
We utilize our specialized knowledge and experience in the telecommunications industry to provide a high level of legal representation in connection with the sale and acquisition of telecommunications infrastructure assets and businesses. This includes the purchase and sale of towers, wireless site management businesses, wireless revenue streams, radio stations, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), and other ancillary assets and businesses. We work closely with our clients and their financial and investment banking advisors to negotiate and close these unique transactions. Working as a team, our telecommunications, corporate, and tax lawyers are able to provide full-service legal representation to our telecommunications clients on all aspects of M&A transactions in the telecommunications industry.
Adam F. Braillard
Craig M. Tateronis
Daniel S. Glissman
Ricardo M. Sousa
Joseph D. Steinfield
William A. Worth
- Represented a New Jersey-based wireless telecommunications management company, involving over 150 management contracts in a sale to a major wireless telecommunications infrastructure company.
- Represented a New Hampshire based radio station client in the sale and lease-back of its wireless telecommunications towers in New Hampshire and Vermont to a large public company Buyer.
- Represented a Florida based client in the successful sale of a portfolio of telecommunications towers to several telecommunications infrastructure companies.
- Represented ExteNet Systems, Inc. before the Boston Public Improvement Commission and various City of Boston agencies and Boards in connection with the upgrade and expansion of their Distributed Antenna System in the Back Bay of Boston.
- Represented ATC Outdoor DAS before the Public Improvement Commission and various City of Boston agencies and Boards in connection with the development and construction of the first commercial Wi-Fi DAS network in Downtown Boston.
- Represented Sprint Spectrum in connection with hundreds of zoning approvals for the upgrade and expansion of its wireless network in Massachusetts to 4G.
- Represented T-Mobile in connection with hundreds of zoning approvals for the upgrade and expansion of its wireless network in New England to 4G and now to 5G.
- Represent T-Mobile in successfully renewing numerous lease and license agreements with New England municipalities and governmental agency, from initial engagement and soliciting the municipality’s or agency’s request for proposal (“RFP”), to responding to the RFP and negotiating and obtaining a fully executed new lease or license agreement.