John K. Markey
John K. Markey focuses his practice on white-collar criminal litigation and complex business litigation, specializing in internal investigations and regulatory compliance on behalf of companies, boards, audit committees, government entities, and nonprofit organizations. John has conducted internal investigations in a variety of industries and subject areas including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, market timing and late trading, public corruption, embezzlement, false claims and kickbacks, tax evasion, and insurance fraud.
A former Middlesex County ADA and Assistant United States Attorney for Massachusetts, John has successfully handled a wide range of civil and criminal litigation matters for both businesses and individuals including grand jury investigations; parallel civil, criminal, and regulatory proceedings; and trials involving complex business disputes.
Knowing that the best results are often achieved outside the courtroom, clients rely on John’s sound, strategic advice to successfully resolve a matter prior to public litigation or indictment.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1973 (Boston College Industrial & Commercial Law Review)
- Boston College, B.S., cum laude, 1969
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Co-chair, Markey for Senate Finance Committee
- Chair, Board of Advisors (and Board Member), Project Hope (Roxbury)
- Past Chair, Malden Catholic High School Board of Trustees
- Member, McCormack Leadership Council, UMass McCormack Graduate School
- Member, Board of Advisors, International Irish Immigration Center
- Fellow, Boston Bar Foundation
- Past chair, Boston Bar Association Criminal Law Section
- Past member, Boston Bar Association Task Force, “Drugs and the Courts, a System Abandoned”
- Past member, Boston Bar Association State Court Study Committee
- Past chair, Boston College Law School Law Day
- Past member, Boston College Law School Alumni Council
- Member, Belmont, MA Liquor Licensing Committee