Joshua’s practice is primarily devoted to Data Privacy & Security where he specializes in Privacy-by-Design consultation, Privacy Risk analysis and mitigation consultation, and the development, implementation, and governance of Privacy Programs in compliance with local, national, or International regulations. As part of Joshua’s Privacy Practice he will also support and engage in contractual negotiations, and policy & procedure review and/or drafting.
Joshua maintains his primary practice advising clients on privacy and data security as well as providing support regarding associated contractual negotiations. However, Joshua additionally provides Data Privacy consultation as may be needed to support matters presented to other practice groups of Prince Lobel such as Corporate, Media and First Amendment Law, Telecommunications, and the Environmental Practice Groups. These activities include:
- Internal information governance policies, frameworks, and risk mitigation consultation.
- International data protection laws and regulations (in particular the General Data Processing Regulation [GDPR] for the European Union).
- Cross-border data transfer analysis.
- Contractual requirements advisement and negotiation support.
- Data Processing Agreements (DPA) negotiation.
- Data collection and use consultation (Data Minimization & Justification).
- Privacy by design in product, platform, or program development.
- Other significant issues and developments in the ever-evolving area of Privacy law.
Joshua is a Certified Information Privacy Professional for US law (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and an active member with the IAPP Central Florida KnowledgeNet chapter. Joshua is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of Florida.
Before joining Prince Lobel, Joshua’s legal experience included serving as an Associate Privacy Counsel in the Global Privacy Office of Tech Data Corporation, as the General Counsel for a FinTech start-up in the payments industry, and as a Litigator for the Plaintiff’s bar representing Hospitals in insurance disputes.
Prior to law school Joshua held positions for EMC Corporation supporting revenue recognition and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, Toyota Financial Services supporting dealership and consumer financing operations, and for JTC International Inc., a turnkey electronics manufacturer importing from Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China.
Joshua draws upon his US and International legal knowledge, along with his diversified business and in-house legal experience to provide pragmatic, business-centric solutions throughout the entirety of a client’s operations, regardless of their size or global footprint.
Joshua received his Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School focusing on International Law. He received his Bachelor of Science, Major in Management with an International Business & Law focus, from the University of Connecticut, School of Business. While attending law school Joshua was a law clerk for Hassett & Donnelly, PC, and a Rule 3.03 Prosecutor in the Juvenile Division of the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office.
- J.D., Suffolk University School of Law, focus on International Law
- B.S., University of Connecticut, School of Business, major in Management with an International Business & Law focus
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts