- This event has passed.
Robert A. Bertsche Presents Twelve Ways to Stay Out of Court: A Self-Help Legal Primer for Community Newspapers
September 25, 2009
Rob was a featured speaker at the National Newspaper Association’s 123rd annual convention and trade show. For community newspapers that can’t necessarily afford a lawyer – but also can’t afford to be sued – this interactive workshop provided newspaper reporters and editors with the latest information on the changing laws governing print and online publishing.
Some of the topics Rob discussed included:
- Liability for online content
- When photo releases are necessary
- Fair use and copyright infringement
- How to get access to government documents and hearings (without paying a lawyer)
- The changing rules of privacy law
Friday, September 25, 2009
11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
Riverview Plaza Hotel