You Are Invited to a Cannabis Webinar:
“Cannabis in the Time of COVID: Important Advice for Maine Businesses”
Friday, May 1, 2020
For those working in the cannabis industry in Maine as caregivers, cultivators, dispensary operators, product manufacturers, ancillary services provider, or other, the COVID-19 pandemic has already made uncertain times even more challenging. Medical marijuana businesses are deemed “essential,” but many are taking massive hits.
In this free online seminar, legal cannabis experts Jill Polster and Adam Braillard will share critical and timely information about actions cannabis businesses in Maine can take to protect their operations in light of the dramatic social and economic impact of the pandemic. Attendees will learn:
- What types of economic disaster assistance are available to cannabis businesses affected by COVID-19-related economic impacts?
- How has the Office of Marijuana Policy shifted its regulations in response to the pandemic to protect companies and patients?
- How can applicants for adult-use licenses prepare to weather the storm? How will the OMP’s future adult-use license approvals be affected?
- What special responsibilities do caregivers and dispensaries have to their patients and customers during this time?
- What best practices can cannabis businesses follow when acquiring property by either purchase or a long term lease/license agreement, during and post COVID-19?
- Adam Braillard, Prince Lobel. Adam is a partner in the firm’s Cannabis, Real Estate and Telecommunications practices and is at the forefront of the firm’s Renewable Energy and Cannabis Practice Group. Adam brings more than 17 years of experience in transactional and commercial land use development, encompassing a broad range of sophisticated commercial real estate matters. He regularly counsels clients on permitting, leasing, and sales and acquisitions, as well as on company formation and financing. Adam’s diverse real estate experience, his ability to stay up-to-the-minute on the constant changes in the fields of renewable energy and cannabis law, and his skill for taking complicated subjects and making them easily understood, make him a valued resource to his clients.
- Jill Polster, Cohen Law Maine, LLC. Jill is a fierce advocate described by many as a “force of nature.” She is relentless in leveling the playing field for her clients and securing the best possible outcomes. She is detail-oriented, ahead of the curve, tenacious and passionate about supporting her clients as they grow their cannabis businesses in Maine. Jill is a member of the Maine Cannabis Industry Association, Maine Municipal Association, International Cannabis Bar Association and NORML and has worked diligently to stay current on the ever-evolving changes in Federal and State law. She partners with her clients to assure compliance in a complex uncertain regulatory environment. When it comes time to secure a state and local license for your cannabis business, Jill’s organizational skills, attention to detail, local relationships and tenacity will assure that your licensing application is not only complete, but a next-level standout.
- Sam Milton, Climate Resources Group. Sam is a Maine-based advocate and entrepreneur with a focus on bringing energy and sustainability solutions to the cannabis industry. Through the grower advisory service, Enlighten Your Grow, he guides cultivation facility developers and operators on approaches to optimize their grow operations and works with stakeholders nationwide to advance energy and environmental best practices. A seasoned energy policy and business management professional with 20 years of experience in the private and non-profit sectors, Sam brings a holistic approach to his work with his cannabis and other client
- Register here for this free webinar.
- Date: Friday, May 1, 2020
- Time: 12-1pm ET
- Location: Webinar
- Price: FREE
- Register here