There are no upcoming events at this time.
KEEPING YOUR SOCCER CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS RUNNING SMOOTHLY
Our Soccer Law Practice Group provides comprehensive services to organizations and individuals at all levels of the sport, from youth club soccer (U.S. Development Academy) to Major League Soccer, World Cup, and the Premier League, as well as other international clubs.
We represent clubs in a variety of complex matters affecting each aspect of their operation, including employment issues, financing and merger and acquisition matters, corporate governance, for-profit/non-profit issues, and the drafting and negotiation of wide-ranging agreements, including employment contracts, athletic facility development agreements, strategic partnership agreements, sponsorship agreements, equipment supplier contracts, leases, and operational and revenue sharing agreements. In addition, we have represented professional soccer players in the negotiation of playing contracts and endorsement deals.
We provide strategic advice and technical assistance to owners, directors, members, senior management and officials of clubs (professional and youth) in all areas of law affecting their operations, from initial organization through a variety of transactions and ongoing legal matters, including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strategic Joint Ventures
- Sponsorship Transactions
- Intellectual Property and Licensing
- Labor and Employment Law Issues
- Compliance With Tax Planning Around State, U.S., and Foreign Corporate, Partnership, and Individual Tax Laws
- Equity Owner Arrangements and Relationships
- Retirement Benefit Plans
- Independent Contractor/Employee Issues
- Key Employee/Coach Retention Issues
- Compensation in Connection with Player Transfers
- Employment Agreements
- Coaches Agreements
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Club Name/Brand/Trademark Protection
- Risk Management and Liability Insurance Issues
- Corporate Governance/Board Structure
- Charter/Articles of Organization
- Board Committee Charters
- Inter-Club Partnership/Alliance Agreements
- International Affiliations and Strategic Partnership Agreements
- Pro Club Affiliation Agreements
- Field Development Agreements
- Facility Leases
- Field Leases
- Social Media Legal Issues
- Management Agreements
- Directors and Officers Insurance Issues
- Waivers and Releases
- Equipment Supplier Contracts
- Revenue Sharing Agreements
- Financing Agreements
- Letters of Intent
- Disciplinary Issues with Governing Bodies
- Compliance Issues
- Fundraising Issues
- Club Regulations
- Coach HR Training
- Workers Compensation Insurance Issues
- Immigration Law Issues
- For-Profit/Non-Profit Issues
- Conversions from Non-Profit to For-Profit
Represented stadium and Boston bid group in securing City of Boston as a World Cup ’94 host site.
Represented leading youth club in Athletic Facility Development Agreement with a college.
Represented American pro club in a complex for-profit/non-profit transaction.
Represented leading youth club in drafting and negotiation of Employment Agreements for key employees.
Represented professional players in contract and endorsement negotiations.
Counseled leading youth club in merger and acquisition transaction.
Advised Barclay’s Premier League club and leading sports sponsorship company in the negotiation and drafting of a Representation and Revenue Sharing Agreement respecting a corporate shirt sponsorship.
Represented leading youth club in lease negotiations securing an indoor facility.
Represented leading youth club in drafting and negotiation of International Partnership Agreement with leading British pro club.
Represented leading youth club in drafting and negotiation of International Partnership Agreement with Serie A club.
Represented American pro club in complex management transaction with leading youth club.
Counseled leading youth club in financing transaction in connection with field development project.
Created alternative Players’ Association concept to help end litigation between Major League Soccer players and owners.
Drafted model Coaches Agreement for leading youth club.
Counseled leading youth club on social media issues.
Represented leading youth club in Strategic Partnership Agreement with other youth club.
Represented leading youth club in negotiation of equipment supply Agreements with manufacturers and suppliers.
Represented leading youth club in Operational and Revenue Sharing Agreement with equipment supplier.
Represented domestic professional club in drafting and negotiation of Strategic Partnership Agreement with leading youth club.
Represented Development Academy club in transaction acquiring a license to operate a Premier Development League franchise.
Represented a leading British professional club in project to acquire a franchise in an American professional league.
Represented an individual investor regarding his equity investment in a domestic professional club.
Represented a Soccer Academy in the negotiation and drafting of a Director of Coaching Agreement with a club.