Michael T. Sullivan is a trial and appellate litigator with over 25 years of experience advocating for clients in major cases and numerous courts and jurisdictions. He has tried cases in seven courts, argued appeals in three states, and handled matters in six states and two countries. His practice focuses on construction and real estate disputes, professional liability, and business litigation. Michael is a frequent author and commentator on legal issues affecting the construction and real estate industries and has been an individual speaker and seminar panelist on various legal subjects. He is committed to understanding the unique needs of his clients and working efficiently to find creative and practical solutions to their legal problems.
Michael holds an AV® Preeminent™ rating, the highest possible from Martindale – Hubbell, denoting an attorney who displays exceptional legal skills and ethical conduct. He has also been named a Massachusetts SuperLawyer and is listed in U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Lawyers in America” over the past several years. He is a member of the Massachusetts, Boston, Rhode Island, and Essex County Bar Associations, and he served as the long-time Chairman of the Zoning Board of Appeals in Manchester-by-the-Sea, where he lives with his wife and two daughters.
- Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America, J.D. (1992)
- Catholic University of America, B.A. (1989)
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- United States Supreme Court
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Named a Massachusetts SuperLawyer (2015-present)
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America (2017-present)
- Chairman, Town of Manchester-by-the-Sea Board of Zoning Appeals
- Trial Courts of Rhode Island, Law Clerk (1992-93)
- Catholic University Law Review, Member (1990-92)
Michael T. Sullivan
There are no upcoming events at this time.