Nancy A. Freed is a well-known and respected trial attorney, mediator, and arbitrator in the practice of divorce and family law. A formidable courtroom advocate, skilled negotiator, and compassionate counselor, Nancy uses her skills, knowledge, integrity, and reputation to promote her client’s best interests while also protecting the ability of the restructured family to function as well as possible once the legal matters are resolved.
Nancy is dedicated to the selection and implementation of the dispute resolution process, achieving excellent results on behalf of clients who rely on her expertise to guide them through the legal process and to minimize the potential adverse impact on families and their children.
When a matter must be resolved in court, Nancy has proven to be a shrewd and sophisticated litigator. She has successfully tried and argued many landmark cases at the appellate level involving matters such as prenuptial agreements, property division, domestic violence, alimony, substance abuse, contested child custody, and child support, along with other child-related matters. Many of Nancy’s clients are professionals or high-net-worth owners of closely held businesses.
Nancy has been named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” and recognized as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the field of Family Law. She has also received the highest possible peer review ranking of AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell. A well-regarded public speaker, Nancy speaks regularly at conferences and seminars and frequently shares her knowledge and experience as chair and lecturer in numerous family law courses and seminars through Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education. She is also co-chair of Prince Lobel’s Domestic Relations Practice Group, which focuses on a wide range of family law-related matters for high-net-worth families and individuals.
Nancy represents clients across the Commonwealth in Probate and Family Courts in Suffolk, Middlesex, Norfolk, Essex, Plymouth, Barnstable, and Worcester counties, as well as in the Massachusetts appeals court in custody, family law, and estate-related matters.
- New England School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Buffalo, B.A., 1980
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- 2012-present: Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® and New England’s Best Lawyers (Woodward/White) in the field of Family Law
- 2011: Recognized in Arrive magazine as one of the “Top-Rated Women Lawyers in the Northeast” in the field of Family Law
- 2006-present: Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” in the area of Family Law
Nancy A. Freed
- Congratulations to the Prince Lobel Attorneys Featured in the 2019 Edition of “Best Lawyers in America”
- Social Security Benefits and Family Law: Tips for Managing Multiple Benefit Streams
- Congratulations to the Prince Lobel Attorneys Featured in the 2018 Edition of "Best Lawyers in America!"
There are no upcoming events at this time.