INSURANCE MAKES COMMERCE POSSIBLE & WE MAKE SURE IT WORKS AS INTENDED
Attorneys in our Insurance and Reinsurance Practice Group bring decades of experience to resolve complex contractual, tort claim, and regulatory challenges that impact our clients. We represent specialty insurers, captive insurers, risk retention groups, self-insureds, reinsurers, and other insurance and reinsurance market participants in critical issues, including claim defense, coverage analysis, bad faith and coverage litigation, regulatory compliance, arbitration, appeals, and policy drafting. Our clients also include a wide variety of underlying insured and self-insured corporations and individuals, from large construction companies, engineers and other professionals, retail and service chains, property owners and managers, and universities to any individual who is a potential target of civil litigation. We advise firm clients on insurance program structuring and implementation.
- We defend liability claims on behalf of insurers and insureds, including high exposure claims involving serious injury, major property losses and wrongful death claims;
- We are often selected by insurance carriers to represent the interests of an insured and provide a zealous defense while balancing our client’s ongoing business concerns and relationships;
- We assess cases early and on a continuous basis to ensure that we achieve the most rapid and economical resolutions possible;
- We provide coverage advice and litigation and arbitration defense to property and liability insurers and reinsurers regarding bodily injury, property damage, employment practice, professional liability and medical liability claims;
- We provide policy and endorsement drafting advice and research to insurers, reinsurers and captive insurers;
- We represent insurance market participants in business and unfair competition claims with other insurance market participants;
- We advise business clients regarding the structure, content and limits of effective insurance programs;
- We represent engineers, architects, accountants, land surveyors and other professionals before licensing boards where professional negligence has been asserted.
- We represent a national hotel chain defending all claims alleging injuries at its New England properties; a [national vs large?] construction company, defending against claims involving numerous gas explosions which destroyed residential and commercial properties; engineers, architects, physicians and other professionals defending them against claims of professional malpractice;
- We act as the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) for the owner and operator of the largest group of Irish Pubs in Boston;
- We provide representation before administrative bodies regarding these businesses, including licensing boards, ABCC, Zoning, BBAC, NAB;
- We represent multiple area universities in matters ranging from medical and dental malpractice to general liability and employment matters, to advising in a variety of regulatory venues including drones;
- We represent a variety of insurers in all aspects of their coverages such as Builder’s Risk Homeowners, professional E&O (including medical, dental, accounting, fiduciary, real estate, engineers and architects, testing services, fire suppression services, utility marking services, etc.), construction (personal injury, construction defect, and property damage);
- First party insurance matters (including valuation disputes, fire and explosion investigations and litigation);
- In addition to the above, we represent a large-scale Corporation with over 600 retail convenience store outlets throughout New England, New York and Florida, in such matters as general liability, employment, contract review and negotiation, etc.
Insurance and Reinsurance Coverage Evaluation And Litigation Defense: We represent property insurers regarding business interruption claims, and other large scale property losses; liability Insurers and other insurance stakeholders regarding specialty liability insurance coverages, including under professional malpractice, errors and omissions, and media liability policies and we advise and represent insurers in inter-insurer allocation disputes.
Regulatory Advice-Policy/Endorsement Drafting: We represent insurers, captive insurers and other stakeholders in regulatory compliance and policy drafting.
Insurance Structuring And Related Services For Enterprises: We advise firm clients on structuring their insurance portfolios, selecting carriers and negotiation of policy terms.
Data Privacy and Security
Insurance and Reinsurance
Art and Museum Law
Insurance and Reinsurance
William F. Burke
Adam R. Doherty
Thomas M. Elcock
Mitchell S. King
Jeffrey T. Rotella
Joseph S. Sano
Douglas C. Galloway
Michael T. Sullivan
Representative Matters: Recent Policy and Reinsurance Analysis and Drafting Projects
- Drafted ACO Managed Care Errors & Omissions and ACO E&O Policies wording and overview memorandum;
- Proposed structural and drafting changes to Captive Insurer’s Reinsurance Program;
- Assessed GL Policy products liability, completed operations, and cyber liability coverage for multi-line captive Risk Retention Group Underwriting Committee;
- Assessed Terrorism Coverage for multi-line captive Risk Retention Group insurer;
- Assessed new media liability tech E&O Policy for midmarket commercial insurer; and
- Proposed revisions to new modular data-breach, media liability, tech E&O product for Managing General Underwriter.