There are no upcoming events at this time.
DEVELOPING AND PROTECTING YOUR NETWORKS
Our acclaimed Telecommunications Practice Group helps both wired and wireless carriers develop and protect their communications networks. With technical expertise and a streamlined approach, we counsel wireless carriers in formulating national, regional, state, and local strategies for their network development projects, from site acquisition, leasing, and permitting to post on-air management. The combined resources of Prince Lobel’s communications, real estate, corporate, and litigation groups enable us to meet the increasingly sophisticated business needs of communications companies, ranging from acquisitions and sales to the structuring and financing of new telecommunications ventures.
Our telecommunications clients include FCC licensed wireless carriers, ILECs, CLECs, fiber providers, DAS Infrastructure providers, equipment manufacturers, online telecommunications service providers, and cable companies. We have negotiated thousands of leases and license agreements for our wireless clients and have obtained municipal permits for hundreds of difficult wireless sites in many states, including, but not limited to, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, and New Hampshire.
Prince Lobel attorneys have been at the forefront of litigation arising from the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (Telecom Act). The unique issues presented for communications companies seeking to build their networks in increasingly complex regulatory and business environments often require our communications clients to take active steps in the Courts to protect their interests.
WIRELESS NETWORK DEVELOPMENT
Since 1996, Prince Lobel attorneys have assisted wireless telecommunications carriers in developing their networks. Our attorneys have advised clients on all aspects of site development, from preliminary site identification, site acquisition, leasing, permitting, and construction.
We provide counsel to wireless telecommunications clients on a full range of legal needs, including:
- Specialized network development, including zoning, permitting, and permitting appeals;
- Leasing and licensing
- Regulatory matters
- Mergers and acquisitions
- New business structures
- Contract negotiation
Our telecommunications group works closely with clients to develop a zoning strategy and aggressively pursue the necessary permits or zoning changes required for a new telecommunications site or network. When necessary, our lawyers counsel our clients on numerous appeals by municipalities to protect their rights under the Telecom Act in Federal Court. In state and federal courts, we have successfully represented wireless carriers in challenges to adverse permitting decisions of approximately 100 municipalities under the Telecom Act.
Telecommunications Mergers and Acquisitions
We utilize our specialized knowledge and experience in the telecommunications industry to provide a high level of legal representation in connection with the sale and acquisition of telecommunications infrastructure assets and businesses. This includes the purchase and sale of towers, wireless site management businesses, wireless revenue streams, radio stations, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), and other ancillary assets and businesses. We work closely with our clients and their financial and investment banking advisors to negotiate and close these unique transactions. Working as a team, our telecommunications, corporate, and tax lawyers are able to provide full-service legal representation to our telecommunications clients on all aspects of M&A transactions in the telecommunications industry.
In 2007, the firm established Prince Lobel Telecommunications Services Group, LLC (Prince Lobel Telecom) which provides turnkey development services for wireless communications clients throughout New England.
Closely Held Business
- Represented a New Jersey-based wireless telecommunications management company, involving over 150 management contracts to a major wireless telecommunications infrastructure company.
- Represented a New Hampshire based radio station client in the sale and lease-back of its wireless telecommunications towers in New Hampshire and Vermont to SBA Towers.
- Represented a Florida based client in the successful sale of 8 telecommunications towers to several telecommunications infrastructure companies.
- Represented ExteNet Systems, Inc. before the Boston Public Improvement Commission and various City of Boston agencies and Boards in connection with the upgrade and expansion of their Distributed Antenna System in the Back Bay of Boston.
- Represented ATC Outdoor DAS before the Public Improvement Commission and various City of Boston agencies and Boards in connection with the development and construction of the first commercial Wi-Fi DAS network in Downtown Boston.
- Represented Sprint Spectrum in connection with hundreds of zoning approvals for the upgrade of its wireless network in Massachusetts to 4G.
- Represented T-Mobile in connection with hundreds of zoning approvals for the upgrade of its wireless network in Massachusetts to 4G.