Aaron S. Jacobs concentrates his practice on technology litigation, including intellectual property litigation, antitrust litigation, complex commercial litigation, and client counseling.
Aaron has more than 15 years of litigation and trial experience covering a range of industries, including superconductors, online commerce, automobile engines, telephonic voice-processing systems, cell phone chips, computerized systems for administering insurance contracts, electronics for flow measurement systems, genetic testing, and a wide variety of software and mobile apps. His patent trial victories include a jury verdict on behalf of patentees Texas Instruments and Stanford University for $112 million, and a jury verdict for his client, accused infringer Superconductor Technologies, on defenses of invalidity and noninfringement.
In addition to his patent trial experience, Aaron served as a Deputy District Attorney in the Santa Clara District Attorney’s Office, where he took many cases to trial. He is also an appellate attorney with successful appeals in the Ninth Circuit, Federal Circuit, and United States Supreme Court.
Aaron serves as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of New Hampshire School of Law, where he teaches Advanced Patent Litigation. At Stanford Law School, Aaron served as the Senior Notes Editor of the law review.
Aaron is an active member of several bar organizations, including the Boston IP American Inn of Court, where he is a member of the Board and for which he previously served as the Treasurer, Secretary, and then Counselor. Aaron is also a member of the Federal Circuit Bar Association, for which he serves on the Model Patent Jury Instructions Committee.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2001
- Trinity College, B.S. in Psychology, 1997
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Supreme Court
- Boston IP American Inn of Court
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- 2014-2015: Counselor, Boston IP American Inn of Court
- 2014: Judge, Trinity College Entrepreneurship Competition
- 2014: Presenter, “The Disappearing Model Orders: Limitations on e-Discovery, Claims and Prior Art in Patent Cases,” Boston Bar Association
- 2013-2013: Secretary, Boston IP American Inn of Court
- 2012-2013: Treasurer, Boston IP American Inn of Court
- 2012: Speaker, “An Interview with Chief Judge Rader,” Boston IP American Inn of Court
- June 2018: “Massachusetts Patent Litigation is Speeding Up,” IP Law360
Aaron S. Jacobs
There are no upcoming events at this time.