Daniel S. Tarlow has more than 25 years of experience in the field of employment law and litigation. He has represented businesses of all sizes in a wide range of matters, from discrimination and harassment complaints to claims involving misuse of trade secrets, privacy rights actions, and wrongful termination litigation. Dan is chair of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and previously served on its management committee.
Dan’s expertise extends to such critical areas as employment discrimination cases, non-competition cases, shareholder and partnership disputes, class action defense, defamation claims, and whistleblower suits, as well as commercial contract and real estate disputes.
Dan regularly advises employers on challenging personnel decisions, ranging from performance management to reductions-in-force. Dan also internal investigations regarding discrimination and harassment complaints and a range of other compliance issues.
An experienced litigator, Dan advises businesses on ways to avoid liability and costly litigation. While skillfully litigating claims when necessary, he is committed to exploring ways to achieve favorable results through alternative dispute resolution. He appears regularly before the state and federal courts and the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
In addition to his trial practice, Dan has a wide range of appellate experience before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Dan conducts seminars on such topics as the enforceability of non-competition agreements, trade secret law, and emerging issues in employment law. He publishes regularly on these subjects.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1983
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- 2008-present: Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” in the area of Employment & Labor
- January 9, 2020: Quoted in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, “MCAD Affirms $130K Disability Bias Award”
- July 2019: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “EEOC Opens On-line Portal for Pay Data Reporting”
- June 2019: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “News Flash: Paid Family and Medical Leave Notice Requirement Pushed Back”
- June 2019: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “June Update: Governor Baker and Legislators Agree to Delay Paid Leave Law”
- May 2019: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “Investigation Dos and Don’ts – A Guide to High Quality and Useful Investigations”
- April 2019: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “Imminent Deadlines for Employers Under Paid Family and Medical Leave Act”
- March 2019: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “Obama-Era Employment Initiatives Back on the Table”
Daniel S. Tarlow
- Prince Lobel Attorneys Included in 2020 Massachusetts "Super Lawyers" List
- Daniel S. Tarlow on WBZ Radio Discussing Recent Family Leave Act
- Prince Lobel Employment Law Team Presents on Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave law to Utility Contractors’ Association of New England