Robert P. Maloney focuses his practice in the areas of corporate law, tax, and estate planning. He advises companies on all stages of their development–from inception to financing, benefit plans, equity plans, acquisitions, mergers, and sale of the business. As co-chair of the firm’s Closely Held Business Industry Group, he regularly advises family and closely held businesses on issues of succession planning, sophisticated sales, and gifting techniques to transfer equity to key employees and/or family members.
Bob served as the firm’s managing partner from 1999-2010. During that time, he managed the expansion of a number of practice groups and successfully positioned Prince Lobel as a leading mid-size law firm with a broad range of services and a distinguished client base. He currently serves as chair of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group.
Bob also sits on various charitable and business boards. He is the former Chairman of the Board of Catholic Memorial and is currently Chairman of Catholic Memorial School Foundation.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 1986
- Tufts University, B.A., 1982
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Tax Court
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- 2013-present: Named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” in the field of Closely Held Business
- 2010: Member, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Executive Leadership Program, MIT Sloan School of Management
- July 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “Paycheck Protection Program: Back to Basics”
- June 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “New Law Gives Flexibility to Paycheck Protection Program”
- May 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “Small Business Administration Releases Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application”
- April 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program Updates, Best Practices, and Clarifications”
- March 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “The “Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act,”or “Cares Act,” Is Law”
Robert P. Maloney