Serge O. Béchade assists clients in planning for international and domestic corporate and partnership transactions. He works with clients to address tax and related aspects of commercial transactions including venture capital, corporate merger and acquisitions, partnerships and limited liability companies, real estate, and general business matters. In addition, he advises clients on income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax issues.
Serge works with business owners on business planning and formation, employee benefits, executive compensation, and ERISA matters, including tax-qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, stock bonus, and equity compensation plans. He also counsels clients on elder law issues and on all aspects of the formation and operation of exempt entities. Serge has extensive experience in the preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns.
He advises clients on sophisticated estate planning, probate matters, and trust administration, assisting them with the design and structuring of intra-family transfers of businesses and other closely-held assets through the use of family partnerships and other vehicles. Serge also helps his clients establish revocable and irrevocable trust arrangements for the transfer of business, real estate, personal residences, and other assets.
Serge is a member of the firm’s multidisciplinary Nanotechnology Practice Group, where he works with nano businesses on corporate tax law, tax treatment of state and federal research grants, and similar programs.
Before joining Prince Lobel, Serge practiced in the Corporate and Estate Planning group of Foley & Lardner, LLP. Prior to that, he practiced in the Tax and Estate Planning groups of Lucash, Gesmer & Updegrove, LLP, and the Tax group of Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault, LLP.
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Northeastern University School of Graduate Accounting, M.S., 1997
- Northeastern University School of Graduate Accounting, MBA, 1997
- University of Vermont, B.A., 1991
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- March 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “The IRS and Commonwealth of Massachusetts Undertake Tax Relief Measures to Aid Employers and Individuals During the Coronavirus Emergency”
- March 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “The ‘Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act,’or ‘Cares Act,’ Is Law”
- March 2020: Prince Lobel Client Alert, “Update On Federal And Massachusetts Tax Payment And Filing Extensions: IRS Provides Further Guidance on Federal Tax Extensions”
Serge O. Béchade
- The "Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act," or "Cares Act," Is Law
- The IRS and Commonwealth of Mass. Tax Relief Measures to Aid Employers and Individuals During the Coronavirus Emergency
- Update on Federal and Mass. Tax Payment and Filing Extensions: IRS Provides Further Guidance on Federal Tax Extensions