PRACTICAL AND EXPERIENCED COUNSEL, FOCUSED ON CLOSING ON TIME AND ON BUDGET
Prince Lobel attorneys provide you innovative, diverse real estate counsel in wide-ranging areas, including commercial real estate development, acquisition, ownership, financing, leasing, and permitting. From due diligence reviews and acquisitions, to leasing, refinancing and disposition, our team offers first-rate, cost-effective solutions.
Our clients include national developers, investors, and commercial and retail landlords and tenants, as well as owners and developers of office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, golf course developments, condominium developments and multi-family projects.
WE UNDERSTAND OUR CLIENTS’ UNIQUE BUSINESSES AND WE USE OUR KNOWLEDGE TO ADVANCE THEIR GOALS AND COMPLETE DEALS ON TIME AND ON BUDGET IN AREAS INCLUDING:
We represent landlords and tenants in negotiations for retail, office, and industrial leases. We are especially active in working with owner/landlords to develop cost-effective, portfolio-wide leasing programs. We also have extensive experience representing commercial tenants of every size, including both anchor and in-line retail tenants.
Sales and Acquisitions
We represent commercial sellers and buyers of suburban or downtown office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, restaurants, retail, and other commercial property. In cooperation with our Tax Group, we represent our clients in tax-deferred transactions under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, including transactions in which multiple properties are exchanged and financed.
Entity Formation and Financing
We represent borrowers in construction loans, conduit loans, and insurance company and commercial bank financing with regional and local banks as well as nationally recognized lenders, including large commercial loans exceeding $100 million. We collaborate with the firm’s corporate and tax attorneys to negotiate joint venture agreements and agreements with equity investors, as well as to structure limited liability companies in the most efficient manner possible.
Zoning and Permitting
Prince Lobel understands the complex and rapidly changing regulatory and permitting landscape and has the expertise to successfully navigate the web of applicable federal, state, and local regulations. We perform regulatory analysis, draft and prepare all necessary permitting applications, and provide representation at public and administrative hearings. We represent our clients on appeal in any litigation or administrative proceeding. Our experience also encompasses a wide range of environmental issues, including hazardous waste regulation and remediation.
We have extensive experience in a full range of commercial real estate transactions including:
- Purchase and sale of property;
- Zoning and permitting;
- Due diligence;
- Condominium law;
- Title issues;
- Real estate litigation;
- Preparation of closing documents;
- Mortgage foreclosures; and
Environmental and Permitting
Closely Held Business
Start-ups and Emerging Businesses
Julie Pruitt Barry
Daniel S. Glissman
Hugh J. Gorman III
Michael P. Ross
Ricardo M. Sousa
Robert M. Schlein
Craig M. Tateronis
Adam F. Braillard
Jill M. Schafer
Michael T. Sullivan
Christopher C. Miller
- Prepared and negotiated shopping center leases, cross-easement agreements, development
agreements, commercial condominium documents, and real estate purchases for “big box” anchor tenant.
- Represented ground lease tenant of Brownfields site for redevelopment.
- Represented tenant in leasing 11 floors of a downtown office tower, including landlord-funded
build-out and options for expansion.
- Represented landlord in lease default and lease restructuring for a single-tenant, 46,000-square-foot office building, including litigation and related negotiations with the institutional lender.
- Regularly represent a leading MetroWest (Boston) building owner/landlord in office leasing for
transactions of all sizes.
- Represented landlord in lease of 100,000-square-foot office/R&D/lab space with provision for
multimillion-dollar work allowance.
- Represented a landlord in developing its form lease for use with six properties located in 4 states.
Sales and Acquisitions
- Represented seller/lessee in sale-leaseback transactions with institutional funds for
corporate headquarters buildings in Needham and Waltham, MA and Atlanta, GA.
- Represented purchasers of 102,000-square-foot office park, 163,000-square-foot office building and
83,000-square-foot office building. Each included negotiation of purchase and sale agreement, due diligence, review and abstract of leases and negotiation, and closing of purchase money mortgage with life insurance company lender.
- Represented purchaser of a 330-unit apartment complex in Worcester, including securing private equity investors as well as commercial financing.
- Represented sellers of 150,000-square-foot retail shopping center, including negotiation of purchase
and sale agreement, negotiation of tenant and estoppels, and negotiation of wastewater treatment facility escrow.
- Represented purchaser of several multi-family/office/retail properties in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Represented borrowers in mortgage loans secured by shopping centers and suburban and downtown office buildings with conduit lenders, life insurance companies, and commercial banks.
- Represented joint venture partner in troubled $150 million development project in restructuring
of joint venture.
Zoning and Permitting
- Represented developer of 200,000-square-foot sports complex.
- Negotiated a Consent Order with Department of Environmental Protection for private wastewater
- Represented developers of two 3-megawatt ground-mounted solar projects involving approximately 15 acres of land each.
- Consulted a municipality to draft a ground-mounted solar facilities zoning bylaw.
- Regular appearances before municipal boards in connection with applications for variances, special
permits, and wetlands issues.